TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
The AR Effect engineering team has been focusing on delivering innovative and high-quality visual effects and augmented reality applications which integrates into TikTok 's video editing and camera apps. Our mission is to deliver the whole Effect framework and platform which power TikTok 's creative video editing capabilities, camera filters, 3D and AR camera effects, and bring that fun and delightful experience directly to our users.
• Enable new capabilities for ByteDance's AR Effect platform by exploring new algorithms and technologies and transforming them into conceptual prototypes and game mechanisms for AR effects around the camera
• Be responsible for developing new interactive experiences from prototypes to product release
• Work closely and coordinate with AI Lab researchers, 2D/3D designers and software engineers to bring new camera effects features to life
• Collaborate with engineers to improve the capabilities of effect creation tools and optimize the effect design workflow
• Last but not least, work closely with creative design team and product managers to deliver the most fun, expressive, and delightful experiences.
• A great portfolio featuring immersive technology (AR, VR, interactive designs or real time graphics)
• 3+ year’s experience in immersive design and engineering, real-time graphics rendering, or gameplay development
• Strong understanding and hands-on experiences of asset, scripting, shader, real-time rendering pipeline
• Solid background in designing, programming, and prototyping using real-time 3D engines, including but not limited to Unity, Unreal, OpenFrameworks, Processing, Cinder, Three.js and WebGL/OpenGL
• Passionate about ByteDance, augmented reality, as well as creating the most fun, original and creative ideas and experiences
• Ability to create your own animated assets in Maya or 3ds Max is preferred
• Familiarity, and ability to quickly learn, new asset creation tools (Z-brush, Houdini, Substance Designer, Marvelous Designer, etc.)
• Demonstrable aesthetic judgement, a clear understanding of light, color, and motion
• Knowledge of computer graphics and GLSL is preferred
• Ability to mobilize teams to accomplish large tasks.
Please reference this job listing on hire.AR - it will help the hiring manager organize your application, and it will help grow our community.