Discover a new kind of university, one where scholars, artists, and designers come together to challenge convention and create positive change. Located in New York City, our university takes full advantage of its location in one of the most vibrant and diverse cities in the world. Our colleges include Parsons School of Design, Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts, the College of Performing Arts, The New School for Social Research, the Schools of Public Engagement, and Parsons Paris.
Since our founding in 1919, The New School has redrawn and redefined the boundaries of intellectual and creative thought as a preeminent academic center. Our rigorous, multidimensional environment dissolves walls between disciplines and helps nurture progressive minds. At our university, students have the academic freedom to shape their unique, individual paths for a complex and rapidly changing world.
With leading-edge faculty and world-renowned alumni, we are committed to developing students who will have an impact on the world and solve the most pressing social issues of our time.
The New School XReality Center is looking for driven and talented students interested in emerging technologies to support the work of the Director at the XReality Center. The XReality Center is a research center at The New School. Its purpose is to advance the study and design innovation of emerging technologies in the areas of virtual, augmented, and mixed realities.
This position will work closely with the XReality team focused on the production of diverse
media and communication to be utilized across our various platforms. In addition to content creation, you will also be responsible for scheduling and maintaining our publication calendar, organizing our content and helping to expand our presence and following. You will be asked to conduct research and do some user testing with new immersive content. You will also participate and provide participants support during our online events and workshops.
You will be expected to participate in strategic communications planning, coming up with ideas on how to better engage our audiences through these various platforms, and support special events.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Background in video/digital media/photography/marketing/design.
- Background in social media, journalism or communications
- Strong photography and video editing skills with Adobe CC design applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere)
- Experience and/or willingness to learn 360 Video
- Ability to use and test Augmented and Virtual Reality content
- Familiarity with wordpress or other content publishing platforms
- Write periodic short post on Social Media and Digital trend and VR/AR and Emerging technologies
- Conduct research on the AR/VR field by staying well-informed of the latest news, trends, and initiatives and effectively communicating this information to the XReality team.
- Organize and analyze research to be communicated via various outlets to the X Reality Director
Project and Events Management:
- Skilled at executing multiple projects simultaneously with efficient time management and without sacrificing exceptional attention to detail.
- Assist with the planning and execution of events workshops, hackathons, conferences; expected to work some evening shifts when scheduled
- Manage online events calendars and coordinate scheduled for workshop and other programs
Support the XR center with the following:
- Digital Communications: Help develop and produce web assets and digital materials (ie website, video, audio, newsletter, presentations, handouts etc).
- Manage digital communications platforms (Blog, website, Twitter and instagram accounts).
- Web Publishing: Help design and produce workshop and promotional materials for the XReality Center (ie posters, brochures, etc). Carry out publicity and outreach efforts when planned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in digital media including: blogs, social media, research, and multimedia storytelling
- Proficient in Adobe design suite, wordpress, adobe premiere pro
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management
- Willingness to experiment.
- Responsive to feedback.
- Graduate students preferred but qualified undergraduates will be considered.
Please reference this job listing on hire.AR - it will help the hiring manager organize your application, and it will help grow our community.