Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is a leading provider of hardware and software solutions for Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality, aka eXtended Reality (XR), platforms. Qualcomm is a also a company of inventors that unlocked 5G, ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5G’s potential into world-changing technologies and products. Qualcomm is taking its traditional strengths in digital wireless technologies into the world of XR. XR has the power to completely change the way we interact with people and things and we want you to take on this challenge and make a lasting impact on our lives. Join Qualcomm’s team in San Diego, California, and interact closely with system engineers, software and hardware developers in a world-class XR team. Enjoy life in sunny San Diego on the Pacific coast of California.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Required Competencies (All competencies are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision-Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Demonstrating Personal Flexibility - The ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. This includes adapting to competing demands and shifting priorities. This also includes improving adaptability, pursuing new skills and knowledge, and regularly seeking feedback from others.
• Getting Organized - The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
• Software Optimization - Knowledge of techniques and approaches to optimize software for specific hardware platforms. This includes basic practices in software optimization and the interaction between software and the hardware platform.
• Taking Initiative - The ability to attack work activities with drive and energy, understanding the impact of work on key metrics, and making decisions that are in the company's best interest. This includes not being afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known, and driving value-added work tasks to completion.
• Technical Documentation - Ability to appropriately document software and/or hardware specifications to promote knowledge transfer to other engineers.
• Software Engineering - Knowledge of the overall process for developing new software. This includes knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of software engineering and other functions, major phases, checkpoints and deliverables. This also includes the ability to identify common issues and considerations for bringing a new product to the marketplace.
• Time Management - The ability to quickly prioritize mission-critical from less important or trivial work activities. This includes sensing what the next most useful thing is to work on, and focusing on the critical few tasks that add value while putting aside or delaying the rest.
• Troubleshooting - The ability to detect malfunctions in daily operations, including scheduling issues and process problems, and determining root causes and appropriate solutions for operating errors. This also includes the ability to detect malfunctions or the need for repair and adjustment to various types of equipment and implement corrective actions and track their success.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• 4+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years experience with Database Management Software.
• 2+ years experience with API.
• 2+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Please reference this job listing on hire.AR - it will help the hiring manager organize your application, and it will help grow our community.