Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Mixed Reality Business Development team is responsible for the inorganic growth of Microsoft’s Mixed Reality products and services, such as HoloLens, Microsoft Mesh, etc. This role requires understanding of the Mixed Reality market and drive collective impact on growing the business.
We drive impact through creating net new strategies to drive growth, forging industry-leading partnerships, and through the evaluation of potential acquisitions that improves the use of our products and increase adoption.
In this role, you will work closely with senior members of the Business Development organization to create data-driven strategies that will impact both short- and long-term engineering plans and product ideas to win in strategic markets. In addition you will identify, assess, and structure complex partnerships and acquisitions. You will also work cross-company with Product, Finance, Marketing, Legal, and other stakeholders to ensure a well-thought and executable plan is delivered, and help drive executive approval on key initiatives. This is a role with potential for high impact and direct exec level visibility (CVPs, EVPs).
Customer and Partner Focus
- Develops internal and external relationships to establish a network of business and technical decision makers for assigned accounts.
- Develops understanding of customers and partners business and strategy and relevant industry trends through research (reading industry research reports, attending internal/external conferences, SME/mentor feedback, leveraging internal resources, talking with partner directly, gathering third party resources). Articulates the Microsoft point-of-view and product road map regarding relevant industry trends and impact to customers and partners.
- Articulates opportunities for Microsoft to create a business value proposition. Supports senior colleagues in execution of business value proposition. Engages customers and partners to highlight the value of Microsoft opportunities, leveraging internal stakeholders and escalating to senior colleagues as needed.
- Researches technology, industry, and competitive trends, and works internally to understand how Microsoft is positioned. Shares research and insights with team and identifies actions based on insights.
- Works with stakeholders to develop target customer/partner list to close high-priority gaps across technology, product, business, and/or geography. Identifies opportunities and strategy and maps target customers/partners; utilizes quantitative data (e.g., usage, revenue) to inform internal and external decisions; provides input into recommendations on partners.
- Utilizes processes to lead development and maintenance of the pipeline; prepares information for reporting to key stakeholders.
- Identifies actions to lead deal opportunities across deal stages(e.g., Strategic Approval (SA), Approval to Negotiate (A2N), Final Go-no-go (FGNG))) to closure and closes prescribed business opportunities. Identifies negotiation scenarios and escalates as appropriate. Closes opportunities using predefined program frameworks or templates.
- Assists with execution and deal management by communicating and reporting with Microsoft stakeholders. Tracks blocking issues and works with deal stakeholders to drive resolutions.
- Develops post-deal governance and execution plans and develops KPIs to demonstrate achieved business value. Ensures design, communication, and alignment in the creation of governance. Troubleshoots simple issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field AND 5+ years experience in investment banking, consulting, finance, marketing, corporate strategy, sales, venture capital, legal, business development, technology and gaming, and/or related field/equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field AND 7+ years experience in investment banking, consulting, finance, marketing, corporate strategy, sales, venture capital, legal, business development, technology and gaming, and/or related field
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field and 4+ years experience in investment banking, consulting, finance, marketing, corporate strategy, sales, venture capital, legal, business development, technology and gaming, and/or related field/equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in the Mixed Reality industry, technology industry, or a related industry, or in a technical role (e.g., IT, Engineering).