We are a world class team of proven industry experts who have invented, built and shipped innovative hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe.
We are bringing to life the next shift between humans and computing, built on the foundation of our values of trust, truth and joy, and we are now growing our team through the same belief system.
...the best work is done in environments built on trust, where we can all feel safe, supported and prioritized.
...the best products are brought to life by honest and diverse teams working to build for the human experience.
...in technology that reconnects you with the world around you and the joy within yourself.
We're known for building the audacious, ambitious and the impossible.
We’re doing it again and we would love to hear from you.
The Humane Team
- You have experience building consumer products.
- You are passionate, inspired and creative.
- You are familiar with multiple product and project development disciplines and dependencies and how they interact.
- You have a desire to work in a collaborative environment where honesty and accountability are paramount.
- You are able to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly.
- Reports directly to the Head of Global Supply Chain.
- Lead the development and execution of long-term, sourcing strategies for assigned electrical and electro-mechanical commodities.
- Explore and recommend new or advanced technologies to implement and routinely keep key stakeholders apprised of market trends/technologies.
- Lead new component sourcing and supplier qualifications.
- Influence key supplier technology roadmaps in order to align Humane product roadmaps.
- Implement strategies to drive supply chain flexibility and risk mitigation.
- Negotiate and drive component costs in order to meet margin targets
- Plan and deliver on capacity planning for ramp and mass production.
- Negotiate and minimize excess and obsolescence components.
- Drive quarterly business reviews with key supply chain partners.
- Manage the Approved Vendors List (AVL) for assigned commodities.
- Negotiate contracts with supply chain partners to align with Humane's business model and objectives.
- Build effective relationships both internal and external, and interface with executive level management.
- Work with manufacturing partner to resolve part shortages or quality issues affecting production schedules.
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management. An advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a GCM/GSM in a fast pace, high volume consumer electronics company.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience managing electrical and/or electro-mechanical commodities.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry, processes, technologies and key suppliers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing cost negotiations/reductions and buffer strategies.
- Experience in supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, and contract negotiations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in engaging and influencing senior executives internally and with supply chain partners.
- Leadership and cross-functional teamwork experience.
- Experienced in working with overseas JDMs and component suppliers.
- Excellent analytical, project management, and reporting skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Start-up experience a plus.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment.
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in.
- Work in the heart of San Francisco - within walking distance to Bart, Muni and CalTrain.
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors.
- Receive excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, equity ownership in Humane and competitive salaries.
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best.
- Grow your career and do the best work of your life.
Please reference this job listing on hire.AR - it will help the hiring manager organize your application, and it will help grow our community.