Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1."
What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.
Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping innovations at Amazon? When words just aren’t enough to describe what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods such as camera-based search, or using the picture of a celebrity to find inspiration for their fashion purchases. When images aren’t enough to convince customers that a piece of furniture will look good, they want to turn to Augmented Reality to envision how that furniture item would match their living room décor.
Starting in 2009, the Visual Search team has thus far launched many visual search solutions on the Amazon App that use computer vision and machine learning/deep learning to help customers complete their shopping missions more easily; multiple internal teams at Amazon (devices, Kindle, Seller services, etc.) also use our libraries and APIs to deliver solutions to their own customers. We are a full stack shop, and our team capabilities cover the whole solution spectrum, ranging across applied science (Computer Vision and Deep Learning), large scale engineering services, product management, UX design, and mobile app development for iOS and Android. However, it’s still Day 1, and this is your chance to make history in the new era of shopping.
The Visual Search & Augmented Reality team is looking for a talented, creative, and customer-obsessed Product Designer to join the team in our downtown Palo Alto, CA location.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from conceptualizing the next generation of visual shopping applications to designing incremental features. You will be expected to use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, including your advanced prototyping expertise.
You are strategic and highly collaborative and will work closely with a team of passionate designers, product managers, and software developers to create the conceptual and interaction flows and prototypes for new and existing applications and experiences. You will be a leading voice for customers, diving deep on their needs and aspirations to help them realize their goals. Along the way, you will be expected to use your full range of interaction design, prototyping and production skills. You will also mentor and coach junior designers.
· Research, build and iterate on new concepts and experiential prototypes
· Define CX strategy and develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for testing and iteration purposes.
· Partner with Designers, PMs and Data Scientists to analyze customer behavior and generate new ideas for improving customer experience
· Partner closely with the engineering team to develop production grade design deliverables and provide post launch support.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Present design work to the product and design team and Amazon executives for review and feedback
· Advocate for customer centric design not only within Visual Search and AR but across Amazon as well
· 4+ years of experience as a product designer
· A portfolio demonstrating examples of prototypes, concepts and projects
· Fluency in best practices for mobile and tablet design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Experience in working with immersive technologies like AR/VR and designing for spacial experiences
· Strong visual design skills and experience with working within existing design systems and branding.
· A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
· Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Past experience in designing and launching new v1 consumer products in new markets.
· Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions.
· Understanding of computer vision
· Master’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field
· Experience with agile/scrum
· Experience with usability user testing approaches and best practices
Please reference this job listing on hire.AR - it will help the hiring manager organize your application, and it will help grow our community.